Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I'm terrible at being a Gym-Bro


I don't get it... the idea of going to the gym to socialize, hang out, share your problems with strangers... It's weird to me. Maybe it's because I generally don't like people?  I don't know. I'm kind of a nerd - and people generally give me anxiety.

What I DO know - is I'm terrible at the "Sup, bro?!" thing at the gym. If you want to talk to me at the gym you have exactly 90 seconds between sets and 120 seconds between exercises. I will gladly talk to you then.  But I do not want to stand there and talk to you about your diet or workout plan for 15 minutes while my heartbeat returns to a resting rate and I lose all of my motivation. Sorry.

If you want to talk - get a gym-buddy or a workout partner. You can talk to that person while you workout and help motivate one another... that's what they're there for!

The gym is where I go to work off fat and anger while I build muscle. I have no desire to make new friends with people whose names I don't know.

I'm sorry - this sounds angry and whiny - but I assure you, it's not. It's just an observation.


Until Next Time - Don't bother the people with headphones in at the gym.

1 comment:

  1. My headphones go on as soon as I get to the gym, and as soon as I'm done cooling down and stretching, I just want to get out of there and head home. I definitely don't like to socialize at the gym either. Then again, I don't much care for socializing anywhere!

    ReplyDelete