Wednesday, February 21, 2018

If you think little efforts don't matter, give it two months...

If you think little efforts don't matter, give it two months...

Not going to lie - this picture is just being used for clicks
No real visible or even noticeable progress is made in a single day or even a single week... But you take those days and weeks and add them up and it'll show.

Take smoking for example - You quit smoking and still feel like crap on the next day or two... well, duh... you don't magically get healthy overnight. But give that 3 weeks and see how it feels. 

Anything you want to do to become healthier - stopping smoking, going to the gym, giving up alcohol, eating better - whatever you do, give it at least 30 days... or better yet, give it 60 days. Are you going to get ripped and shredded like the P90-X commercials? Maybe - if you put in the time, effort, and energy to following every aspect of that program. 

More realistically - You're not going to follow the diet exactly. You're not going to be able to do th 50 pull-ups he magically thinks everyone can do. You're not going to push yourself as hard as you should.

Why?  Because you're a normal person wanting to get healthy and not someone wanting to become a professional athlete. I mean - damn - if I got paid to go to the gym instead of sit in my chair at work, I'd be one fit SOB. But the gym is where I go at night - after work, after dinner, after time with the kids... When I have the the time or even the energy to go. 

And even doing that - just putting forth the effort that I can - without turning my life completely over to "fitness" - the change is noticeable at 30 days. I see it in my face, my stomach, and my chest. I feel it when I go up the stairs. I feel it when I play with the kids or do ANYTHING requiring some amount of physical strain on my part. 

And it feels good. 

In 30 more days - it'll feel even better. 


Until next time - Keep going! You're almost there!

2 comments:

  1. I am just starting out and feel like just making it for 30 minutes is tough! It's good to hear you notice changes after 30 days. Hopefully I will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long, slow journey... but It's worth it.

      Take a photo and measurements on day 1... then match them with day 30. You'll be amazed at the difference.

      GO GET'EM!!!

      Delete