Friday, February 16, 2018

Adventures in Food Tracking!

Good morning faithful readers! Just kidding - nobody reads this blog....


So - Ask yourself: "what does it mean to be healthy?"

  • Flat stomach?
  • 6 pack abs?
  • Muscles rippling beneath your clothes?
Maybe. Not necessarily. 

For some, it could be as simple as:
  • Not being out of breath on the stairs
  • Losing 5 lbs
  • Slimming down that 2nd chin
For me - it's more of the second group of answers. But I've found that it is also profoundly more than that. In many different categories. I'm slimming down, I have more energy, I am in a better mood, I eat smaller portions, I go to the bathroom regularly, and my stomach isn't always giving me problems like it used to... It's pretty cool.  (Plus - I've caught my wife actually checking me out... WIN!!!)

1 month ago I made my first entry in "MyFitnessPal" - I say "first" because I've done this before but always stalled out around day 14 or so... I am now on a 32 day streak of entering absolutely every food I've eaten - good, bad, or otherwise. When I finished my first week and hit that "Complete Diary" button it said "if you do this every day, you'll weigh 226 lbs in 5 weeks."

Well, I weighed-in this morning and I am 226.5 lbs - and, well, I had a lot of sweets and carbs this week with Fat Tuesday and my local bakery's "Cherry Thing-A-Lings" (They're amazing)

So - I'm pretty freaking excited. 

This week MyFitnessPal says "if you do this every day, you'll weigh 221 lbs in 5 weeks." - And that's AWESOME. 

So - keep following and reading... and in 5 weeks - see if I've kept sticking to my guns.

Until next time! - Stay happy, stay healthy. 

1 comment:

  1. congrats... my fitness pal is an awesome app.

    glennie

    ReplyDelete