Monday, February 26, 2018

You are what you eat.

How was your weekend?

*waits for answer*

Great!

Moving on....

Let's talk about diets... and by "diet" I mean - What you eat breaks down and becomes your body. Let that sink in... you LITERALLY are what you eat.. If you eat nothing but Tacos - you're a taco. And that might actually work for some people. But eating and dieting is not a "one size fits all" kind of thing in my opinion.

So... are you "big boned"? Mediterranean? Tall and skinny? V-Shaped? High Blood pressured???  We are not all the same. Let's be honest - not all of us have the same genetic makeup. Some people have ancestors who probably ate nothing but nuts and berries... some of us might have come from a colder region and nothing but fish and seal meat!(?)... But over time and generations and more time - those groups of people would tend to make better use of their food sources. Thus - a Keto diet for an Endomorph who puts on and stores fat easily would be good... a high carb for a very athletic person who is constantly on the move would be good.

The point is - you have to see what you are, how you operate, and what you want to get out of it.  The "Everyone needs to eat _______" method of blanket statement dieting is a terrible thing.  As are most blanket statements and ideas.

I've tried to the low-fat/no-fat thing. I've tried the "eat what you want but count your calories" thing. And I've tried to standard "60/20/20 Carbs to Protein to Fat" thing... And while all of these have their merits - they didn't work for me all that well. So, after looking around and reading and then trying it out - I've found that the lower Carb intake approach works very well for me. I'm ingesting 196g of Protein every day 93g of Carbs and 83g of Fat... And Since July I have dropped inches while putting on muscle and I feel great.

You can diet or you can exercise and you'll see results... but if you "Diet AND exercise" together - you'll see even BETTER results. And in less time.

So - There ya go.

Until next time - Eat well and lift heavy things.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am proof that not dieting and not exercising definitely will NOT give you results! :) I am going to pay much more attention to my eating habits this week and make sure I fit in my workouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was living proof for a LONG time. But you don't have to stay that way!

      Delete